Saturday, January 31, 2015

Is Test Driven Development Dead?

While catching up on some blog reading over the holidays, I ran across this interesting conversation between Kent Beck, Martin Fowler & David Heinemeier regarding TDD.  I soon found myself watching several hours of Google Hangouts soaking in the wisdom.

After watching it, all I have to say is that I still see TDD as a very valuable tool.  I try to use it when I can, but there are times I can't get it to fit certain situations.  I don't agree with the concept of test induced design damage.  I'd have to say that every time I've written a test for a portion of code, it has caused me to think about the design and most of the time I learn something I didn't know before.

Kent posted an interesting response on Facebook. Worth the read :)

No comments:

Post a Comment