Sunday, March 15, 2015

New Job

At the beginning of February I started working at ARI in Duluth MN.  Due to my work change I haven't had much time to blog.  I hope to make up for that in the near future.  My time has instead been dedicated to learning lots of new things as I spool up at work.  

Overall, I enjoyed my previous position where I worked mainly with .NET doing front end work with C# and XAML.  I was part of a very small team, creating custom lots of small custom desktop apps.  However, to grow we often need to leave our comfort zone.  In my new position I'm working as part of a mid-sized development team, on a very large web application.  Parts of it are written in ASP.NET using Web Forms, while new portions of the application are written using AngularJs.  I was given a choice of what I wanted to focus on when I started and I jumped at the chance to work on front end web development.  

After a little over a month on the job, I'm enjoying the challenge and learning lots along the way.  In the next few months I hope to share some of things I've noticed in switching from full time .NET development to JavaScript.

No comments:

Post a Comment